Thursday, December 01, 2005

I don't belieeeeve it!

Apparently, on November 25th, the buskers on London Underground were paid to play Johnny Cash songs. This information is via a member of a writing group I belong to. Did anybody notice this? I thought that buskers were an anarchic bunch, free to do whatever they wanted, outside the constraints of society, as long as they didn't do anything illegal.

And now I find that they're paid according to the artist. They'll be singing the jingles to the Microsoft and Sega ads next.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sure I heard that Brian Eno number "Windows 95 startup chime" this morning.

"Intel inside" Dum de dum dum.

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the tipping their caps aswell? Mind, it doesn't surprise me. Would you busk down there at present for few coppers? Without any support or cameraderie? perhaps they can use a little help.

5:50 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

Hiya, I'm now a blogger, feel free to visit and say hi.....;0) Link to me if you like. I'm putting my links in over the next few days, and have added yours.

10:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home