Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New blogs

I've just updated my sidebar to include a few new blogs, and I've deleted a couple which had come to an end. I'm off to get a couple of Crimbo presents for The Scotsman, which means that I wil hopefully have finished all my Christmas shopping by today! Actually, it's only because I went down to see my family a couple of weeks back, and decided to take my pressies; at least it got it out of the way.

This means that I will be negotiating the commercial chaos that is Kingston for the last time, I've got the tree and fairy lights up, got vases full of holly and ivy around the place, and best of all, Sainsburys delivered our shopping last night, including the duck!!

At least it's an improvement on last year when Tesco delivered 5 days before Christmas and there were some missing items because some were out of stock. And what was out of stock? Most of the wine we ordered and the duck. Not tins of beans, or vegetables, just the things that were pretty much essential for the big day. It took a few phone calls before we managed to ensure that we weren't sitting around the table with flutes of diet coke and Findus crispy pancakes with all the trimmings.

Here's hoping I can relax tonight, knowing I'm finished.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an ideal market gap there. Complete Christmas dinner in a crispy pancake. Duck, parsnip and cabbage crispy pancakes.

Turkey, sprout and cranberry Pot noodle.

11:11 am  
Blogger fjl said...

Yes the brandy butter always runs out, that reminds me. I will be adding you to my blog also, unless I've done it already.

6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home