Monday, July 18, 2005

It's got a good beat...

Today was a sad turning point. There are some points in your life when you just know that you have reached a different age bracket.

Regular readers of my blog will know of my desperate hose battle. Anyway, as I arrived home after a swim in Teddington Pool, it started to bucket down, for about half an hour. A really hard Summer shower. And what was my reaction? Not that it would spoil my hair, not that I couldn't lounge around in the garden this evening, not that we couldn't go to a pub garden and get rat-arsed. No. My immediate reaction was that it would be good for the garden. Good for the garden!!!

I'm turning into my Mum!!! Not that my Mum isn't a lovely person, but so is Peter Kaye; so is Bob Geldof; so is Jo Brand; so is Tony Benn. I would be pretty scared to think I was morphing into one of them, like Geoff Goldblum in The Fly.

What next? Maybe I will start buying Gardeners' World Magazine. Actually I used to work for it at one point and it was rather good. Perhaps I will start asking The Scotsman to wear yellow Pringle sweaters (thankfully, he would never comply), and we could start buying Celine Dion Records (or should I say LPs).

I should say as a matter of record that my mother has never recommended Pringle sweaters. But that's only because they haven't really penetrated Cornwall; if she saw one, she might think that Dad would look nice in one. She likes Gardeners' World Magazine. She doesn't have any Celine Dion records, I am glad to report, but she does own a Robson and Jerome album.

Anyway, the sun is now out, so I will try to forget this shameful episode.

4 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

It's when you get more excited about buying tupperware than lipstick that you really need to worry.

11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry. A friend missed my 30th party - he was 35 at the time. This party was on a saturday night. He lived just round the corner. His excuse "I was reading a gardening book..."

11:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Wheel chairs bangalore hair loss treatment provigil dosage study automatic diy gate Ambien online 90 ct 120 ct overnight shipping

12:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Stereo headset replacement cushions 100 free virus scans and removals pmdd zoloft Differences bifocal contact lens brands Chicago railroad accident attorneys

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home