Thursday, August 25, 2005

A meme from Misty

7 things I plan to do before I die:

1. Celebrate my 100th birthday.
2. Finish my novel and have it published.
3. Visit The Galapagos Islands.
4. Get a cat. Or a dog (The Scotsman favours a dog).
5. Live to see some piece of forteana proved right, like the existence of ghosts, or the Loch Ness monster.
6. Learn to paint.
7. Trace my family tree.

7 things I can do:

1. Write short stories and articles and get them published (OK, not that often).
2. Remember incredibly obscure things and incidents; I have memories from being in a cot and push chair.
3. Sell things (in the sense that I persuade people to accept ideas, or buy things, not in the sense of "do you want fries with that?").
4. Cook a great beef rendang.
5. Identify and pick a number of edible fungi. Well, OK, about 5.
6. Make an origami frog.
7. Identify the majority of British butterflies.

7 things I can't do:

1. Drive a car.
2. Ride a bike.
3. Stand spiders.
4. Be organised
5. Get up early in the morning without resenting it.
6. Do any sport whatsoever to a reasonable level (OK, I swim, but not seriously).
7. Stand thick people.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1. A sense of humour.
2. Striking eyes (The Scotsman's eyes are an unusual shade of deep blue).
3. The ability to hold an intellectual conversation.
4. A Scottish or Irish accent.
5. Kindness towards animals and children.
6. Taking care with their appearance so that they don't look a slob, but not being obsessed with designer clothes and appearance either.
7. A sense of adventure, particularly with regard to travel.

7 things I say most:

1. Oh, I forgot.
2. Bumsicles.
3. Buggeration.
4. Yes, I am reading the map properly!
5. I have a cunning plan...
6. Where did I put that?
7. It's interesting to think that literary criticism has seen such a metamorphosis since the days of FR Leavis and his cannon of "dead white males", to our present concept of cultural relativism. Yep, I say that a lot. And it wouldn't be anything to do with wondering what was happening in Big Brother instead, honestly.

7 people I want to copy this meme:

Anybody who fancies it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

So far, you , me and Scaryduck all want to get our books finished.
I could ask 'Why are we blogging instead of getting the job done?'
;)
And btw, I love the word 'bumsicles' I must try and use that in a conversation soon!

Cheers for 'playing'!

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the memes are cheesy, but they're so, so.. NICE to read. I think I might copy yours. ;)

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home